Latest Entry

The Archives

Email Me

More about myself


Funny the World

powered by

Come get reviewed too!
11-12-2003 @ 10:46 p.m.
Before & After

After about 2 years of growing her hair out, Joey came home from a sleepover last night and said "I'm ready to get my hair cut. Can we do it right now?" Well, that was out of the question, but I jumped on the plan and made an appointment for right after school today. When I picked her up from school, her excitement was palpable. In fact, she actually screamed. Ed and I have been waiting and waiting for her to decide to cut her hair--it was so long and so difficult to keep smooth and tangle-free--but she loved her long hair so much. Finally, she had the snarl that broke the camel's back. Or something. "Snarl snarl snarl. I'm sick of snarls! And I'm sick of having to braid my hair before I go to bed so I don't have a big snarl party in my hair in the morning. I want to cut it off right now!"

So, here are the before, during and after pictures.




Isn't she cute?? She suddenly aged about 3 years, though. When we got home, she spent a goodly amount of time playing around in the bathroom with her new hairstyle and clips and ponies and brushes and whatever else she could find. It was cute. She kept playing with it--running her fingers through it and marveling at how short it was. Ah, so nice.

The great thing is that she donated the 10" she cut off her hair to L0cks of L0ve, an organization that makes wigs for children who lose their hair to chemotherapy. And when I got ready to pay for the haircut, the hairdresser said "Oh, don't worry about it. We don't charge for haircuts when you donate your hair." So that was just a great bonus.

And, just because he was being so cute, I had to take a picture of the nephew. He's drinking his bottle (of breastmilk, Joanna) in his daddy's arms and those eyes of his just slayed me.

My CD player died in Kmusic today so now I need to get a new one. That's on my agenda for tomorrow. It worked fine on Friday. I put it in my trunk, where it stays all the time, and then I got it out and brought it in to class today and the CD wouldn't spin, which meant it couldn't play. The radio and tape player worked but not the CD, which is the most important part. Good thing they had one I could borrow and the rec center where I hold my classes.

And now I need to go to bed. The nephew will be here tomorrow at 6:15 and I'm tired. Not enough sleep last night and no nap today. I miss my naps when I don't have time for them. (Life is so rough, I know.)



Previous Next

Designed by...