09-03-2003 @ 10:29 p.m.
More Random Things You Probably Didn't Know About Lobotomybabe
I cribbed this questionnaire from someone awhile back and for the life of me, I can't remember who it was so I can't give proper attribution. Sorry!
What's on your bedside table? clock, 2 books I am currently reading, 6 books I plan to read in the near future, a few magazines, lip balm, telephone, lavendar-scented body lotion
What is the geekiest part of your music collection? Neil Diamond's Greatest Hits. Partridge Family Greatest Hits.
What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night? Nothing from the fridge. Microwave popcorn or maybe I'll make s'mores on the stove.
What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie? It's a Wonderful Life? I dunno--I don't get weepy at movies much. Les Miserables can make me cry.
If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done? Neck lift. Perhaps an eyebrow lift, too.
Do you have a completely irrational fear? Nothing I can't manage. I have some big flight anxiety but I can still fly in airplanes. Ok, maybe rats. Feral rats--not the kinds in cages.
What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moment? Picking at the dry skin around my cuticles.
Do you ever have to beg? Not really. Beg for what?
Are you a pyromaniac? Not really but I *love* fire.
Do you have too many love interests? Real or imagined? I have my husband and then all my celebrity boyfriends. Except that they don't know I exist.
Do you know anyone famous? Nah.
Describe your bed: Queen size pillow top. White sheets, 440-count pima cotton, soft as a baby's butt. Fluffy blanket. Fluffy duvet with a very soft cover. An oasis.
Spontaneous or plan? Planned spontaneity. ;-)
Who should play you in a movie about your life? I dunno--someone quirky. People used to tell me that I sort of looked like Sally Field, but I don't think so.
Do you know how to play poker? Yes, but not terribly well. I like Texas Hold'em.
What do you carry with you at all times? Gum, wallet, cell phone, inhaler, Burt's Bees lip balm
How do you drive? I think I'm a good driver. I drive fast, though. Not through town or anything, but on the highway. I have a zippy car with lots of acceleration power so it's fun to drive fast. I'm not reckless, though--I don't pass on curves or anything.
What do you miss most about being little? My mom. She died in 1995.
Are you happy with your given name? It's Lisa and I think it's ok. When I was little, I wanted it to be Elaine or Ann but now I think my name is just fine. A little plain, but I more than make up for it with my hair color. ;-)
How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year? Don't ask.
What color is your bedroom? White walls, light teal carpet. Boring. Now the family room--that's orange and yellow. The kitchen? Yellow and lime green. The rest of the house is much more interesting, but then, I spend most of my time in my room with my eyes closed so it's hard to get worked up about changing the decor.
What was the last song you were listening to? Something from the Mamma Mia soundtrack--I forget which one. I've been listening to it so much they've all blended into one long song.
Have you ever been in a play? No, but I had to perform some scenes in college for a class. I've always wanted to, though. Something on my life list.
Have you ever been in love? A few times. Thankfully, one of the times was with my husband of 16+ years.
Do you talk a lot? Yes, but I can't hold a candle to either of my sisters.
Do you like yourself and believe in yourself? Yes, but I'm always a realist and I know what my shortcomings are. I don't think I exaggerate them--I just know what they are and try to work around them.
Have you ever done any illegal drugs? No, unless you count alcohol as a minor.
Do poor, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you? Anyone can annoy me. They certainly don't annoy me just because they are poor, homeless or starving--it's usually the personality attached to the person that annoys me, not their circumstances.
Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? Yes.
• Reminds you of an ex-lover: I don't have any ex-lovers but I do have ex-boyfriends...Keep on Loving You (from the ancient 80s) reminds me of a short but fun relationship in high school; Billy Joel's Innocent Man reminds me of Kent, a guy I considered marrying in college but broke up with instead. Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood reminds me of a guy I dated few times but ended up just being friends with--he was quite the rogue and he looked like Val Kilmer in Top gun. Completely lickable.
• Reminds you of an ex-friend: Hmmm...can't think of anything. I guess some old country music from the early 80s reminds me of a former roommate. I'm not a fan of country music, though, so I rarely hear it.
• Makes you laugh: Amish Paradise or Eat It by Weird Al.
• Makes you wanna dance: So many songs! Sing Sing Sing always gets me off my ass. I feel like dancing a lot so almost any song can make me wanna dance.
• Reminds you of the one you want: In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel.
• You wish you wrote: All of Them. (Well, most of them)
• You never want to hear again: Anything by Britney Spears or Christine Aguilera
• You want to get married to: Already married. Played the ubiquitous Pachelbel's Canon at our reception.
• Makes you want to mosh/bang your head: Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n Roses.
• Sums up your teenage years: Nothing can sum up my teenage years
• You used to hate but now love: Um....I can't think of anything--oh wait--Nirvana. I hated Smells Like Teen Spirit the first time I heard it but it grew on me.
• You like to wake up to: William Tell Overture--the whole thing, not just the exciting Lone Ranger part. Or How You Remind Me by Nickelback. Or anything really upbeat and fun.
• You like out of your parents record collection: The Kingston Trio, Neil Diamond, Herb Alpert.
• You love that you wouldn't know about if it wasn't for a friend: I'm more likely to introduce a friend to music than the other way around. Maybe Bob Marley--I listened to his stuff first because of a friend but I always liked the reggae sound Oh--I know--Atsababy by the Tom Tom Club.
• Reminds you of your first love: I can't really think who was my first first love so I can't think of a song for that. Keep On Loving You reminds me of an early love, though. Oh--the Sugarhill Gang and Grand Master G reminds me of a boyfriend I had in 10th grade who liked rap. Back in 1980 when no one, let alone white boys from the 'burbs, knew what rap was.
• Makes you think of the moon: Night Swimming by REM.
• Makes you think of the stars: O Fortuna from Carmina Burana
• Makes you think of the sun: Might As Well Be Walking on the Sun by Smashmouth.
• Makes you think of the night: In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel.
• Makes you think of sex: Underneath Your Clothes by Shakira, Rock Me Gently (I was a child of the 70s, give me a break), Patience by Guns 'n Roses, Baby Got Back... Ok, enough of this
• Makes you think of being alone: One by Steppenwolf.
«« Previous ¤ Next »»