Latest Entry

The Archives

Email Me

More about myself


Funny the World

powered by

Come get reviewed too!
12-18-2002 @ 9:39 p.m.
Wow--It's Only Wednesday!

Looky here--an entry and only a few days have elapsed since my last entry. I'm on some kind of freaking roll now.

Yesterday was wrapping day. I got up and dressed in really comfortable clothes and spent the day organizing the family's gifts, boxing them up and then wrapping and adorning them. I *love* gift wrapping. I love the papers, I love the ribbons, I love the doodads that I tie onto the gifts with the ribbons, I love the sparkles and the shiny foil and all of it. It was a great deal of fun to spend the day up to my elbows in paper and ribbon and tape. And my gifts are ever so lovely underneath and around my tree. I've gone into the living room several times already just to admire them. They're like part of the Christmas decoration. If I had a lot of room to store them, I'd wrap empty boxes to use every year for decoration before the real gifts get under the tree.

Just two more days of preparation before we depart for Sunr!ver. Tomorrow is going to be a lovely run to Costco for some food supplies. I'm not looking forward to the experience, though, because I'm sure it will be a madhouse there. I will also be hitting the grocery store for a few other goodies that I don't necessarily want to buy in large quantity.

Joey's teacher has been sick for a few days and there were substitutes but today she was back in class. She had absolutely no voice, however. None. Nada. She couldn't even hardly whisper. Joey said it was kind of tricky to have a teacher who couldn't speak today but she was just so glad to have the regular person back that she didn't really care.

I didn't go to bed until about 3am last night because I'd overslept yesterday morning (after getting Joey off to school) and I wasn't tired. So when I had to get up at 6:45 this morning, you can imagine I wasn't real eager to hop out of bed. I managed ok until about 2:15 or so and then I crashed hard and slept for 2 hours. I made myself a little nest on the floor in front of the fireplace and had a lovely nap all warm and cozy. I woke with quite a fright, though, thinking it was much later than it was. I was relieved to see it was still light outside.

My eyes are quite dry now--a combination of sleep deprivation and wearing makeup. I'm trying to get my eyes more accustomed to wearing makeup on a sort of regular basis like I used to do but they really prefer to be naked. Can't say as I blame them.

I think I'm going to go wash my face now and fold some laundry. I'm living the high life, ain't I?



Previous Next

Designed by...