Latest Entry

The Archives

Email Me

More about myself


Funny the World

powered by

Come get reviewed too!
06-20-2002 @ 9:37 p.m.
Wild Hooligans

Ten years ago today, my sister's boyfriend hung (hanged?) himself from a basketball hoop at the school ground where the night before they had lain in the grass and made love under the stars. To say it was a terrible time for our family would be a serious understatement.

I'm not sure why I've been so erratic about updating my diary lately but it has been a challenge some nights to get in here and write something.

Yesterday I went to the mall yet again but this time I bought myself a pair of shoes. Really great Naot shoes with a cork liner in the footbed so they'll mold to my foot shape like my most favorite shoes in the world did. I'm very excited about having them though I'm not looking forward to the break-in period as my feet adjust to a new pair of soon-to-be perfect shoes.

I also set up my sprinklers in the garden and planted my plants in the front and got out my Round-Up to kill the nasty clover that seems to have set up housekeeping in my flower beds. I have pulled it out many times and it keeps growing back so this time I nuked 'em. They're already starting to curl up and die. It was was a busy day yesterday.

Today I used power tools. It was kinda fun, actually. I cut out two Christmas tree shapes with a jigsaw for my grandmother. I had to sand and spray paint them, too. I'm going to have Ed do the other two, though. I didn't like wearing the dust mask and eye protection and getting all hot and steamy in the garage while I did it. (I know--I'm a wuss.)

I also filled my metformin prescription. Those pills are HUGE! I'm not sure if I'll be able to swallow them--years of gastroesophageal reflux has created a thickening in my esophagus and I can't swallow big pills anymore. They get stuck. I've had it happen before and it wasn't fun trying to hawk it back up. I broke little blood vessels around my eyes trying to do it. I'm not sure what to do, actually. I'm not supposed to cut them in half because they are extended release but I just may have to. Ack!

I watched an hour of Saturday Night Fever while I walked on the treadmill, too. Well, I didn't walk that whole hour. What a goofy show. Sad, really. It was cracking me up to watch the disco scenes. I went to a few discos in that era but I wasn't 18 yet so there weren't a lot of discos I could get in to. I found a few, though. I loved going dancing during that era but I didn't really get into going out dancing until the early-to-mid-80s and the New Wave and New Ro dance clubs started up.

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday. This week sure has flown by! A week from today Ed and I leave for Las Vegas! Wee haw! It just occurred to me that I haven't paid Stacey yet for the Blue Man Group tix that she ordered for us. I'll have to make sure to take care of that soon.

It was warm today and I spent most of the day sweating between doing housework, working in the hot garage, cooking or walking on the treadmill. It was kind of gross, actually. I took a quick shower at 7pm before the activities committee from church came over for a meeting to plan the 4th of July breakfast and it felt so wonderful. And then I put on my orange short lounging dress. It's my favorite summer lie-about dress. I wear it out in public, too, but it's great for being home. All loosy-goosy.

Poor Joey--a friend of hers (with the same name) and her little sister came over tonight for an hour and a half and they just wreaked havoc! They ran all through my planting bed, climbing on my decorative rocks, ran up and down the neighbor's side yard and tried to get into their backyard, and then they just totally messed up her room--threw her stuffed animals and Gr00vy girls all over the floor along with her dress-up clothes and then put on her (expensive) dress up clothes and went outside to play and walk on the narrow ledge in front of the railing on the porch. It was AWFUL! Joey was in absolute tears when they left. "They didn't treat my belongings with respect, mom. It was awful. They kept asking when they could come and play again and I'd say 'I'm busy that day, I'm busy that day' and I know I made stuff up but I never want them to come over here again. Please? Never let them come over again." I hugged her and helped her clean her room up and promised to never invite them over again. I've never seen such destruction in such a short amount of time. Poor Joey was just flabbergasted--she's a quiet, relatively tidy little girl with no siblings. She is totally not accustomed to children who have no sense of manners or propriety or whatever it is that keeps you from destroying your friend's stuff. ::sigh::

Well, I have to go get my poor beleaguered child out of the tub now. Ta!


Previous Next

Designed by...