04-26-2002 @ 10:52 p.m.
Surveys R Us
Since today was a supremely uneventful Friday, I am without anything of interest to write about so I'm kyping Alternamommy's kyped survey.
1. What facial feature do you find the most attractive on others? Eyes. Amazing eyes can slay me.
2. Would you vote for a woman candidate for president? Sure, if I thought she was a good candidate. But I wouldn't vote for her purely on the merits of her gender. That's like voting for someone only because of their skin color or only because of their ethnicity. None of those are good reasons in and of themselves.
3. Would you marry for money? Nope.
4. Have you had braces? Yes. I got them as a junior in HS and kept them until my first semester of my freshman year of college. I hated going to college with braces.
5. Do you pluck your eyebrows? Not much. I overplucked them when I was 14 and I have these thin, 50s-movie star eyebrows now that need very little plucking. I wish I'd paid attention to my grandmother when she warned me of the dangers of overplucking your eyebrows.
6. Do you ever cut or hurt yourself? No, not intentionally.
7. When was the last time you had a hickey? About 2 months ago. Before that? About 15 years ago.
8. Could you live without a computer? Of course. It wouldn't be nearly as fun to live without a computer but I could certainly manage it. I might need some kind of therapy, though. Or maybe a 12-step program.
9. Do you use ICQ, AOL Buddy list etc..? No. I have MSN but I've used it exactly twice.
10. If so, how many people are on your list(s)? Two.
11. If you could live in any past time period, which would it be? The post-war 1940s.
12. Do you drink enough water? Some days I do.
13. Do you wear shoes in the house or take them off? I wear them if I'm going to be on my feet cleaning or cooking because I have flat feet and I need the arch support and cushioning but if I'm lounging, I take 'em off.
14. What is your favorite fruit? A perfect peach. Or a perfect nectarine. Or a Benton strawberry.
15. Do you eat wheat bread or white? Well, I'm not a fan of whole wheat unless it's Great Harvest molasses whole wheat but there isn't a GH bakery anywhere near enough to be convenient so I used to eat cracked wheat. A few months ago I got a serious hankering for a tuna sandwich on soft white bread and kept buying it. I'm going to switch back to cracked wheat right away. Really, I am. Just after I finish this loaf of squishy white bread... (FWIW, I much prefer dense bread for toast--Orowheat Western Hazelnut bread is incredible for toasting as is the GH bread.)
16. What is your favorite place to visit? I love to travel so I couldn't nail down just one favorite--heading east from my present location: San Francisco, California; Bend, Oregon; Sun Valley, Idaho; SLC, Utah; Chicago; Washington, DC; London; Hawaii (any city/town). I'm sure that as I go to more places, the list will get longer.
17. What is the last movie you saw? Ice Age.
18. Do you kiss on the first date? I used to, back when I was dating.
19. Are you photogenic? I used to be.
20. Do you dream in color or black and white? I dunno. I never paid attention to the color of things. Perhaps that means it's black and white.
21. Are you wearing fingernail polish? no
23. Do you have any dimples? One little one on my chin.
24. Do you remember being born? No and I think people who say they do are lying.
25. Why do you take surveys? I only take them when I can't think of anything else to write.
26. Do you drink alcohol? Not anymore.
27. Did you like or do you like high school? Yeah. I had lots of fun in high school.
28. What is the most beautiful language? There was a time when I would have said French but I think that most any language is beautiful when spoken by a native who is eloquent in their own language.
29. When you are asleep do you like being kissed awake? Well, if I have to wake up, a kiss is better than my blaring clock radio but really, I'd prefer to sleep.
30. Do you like sunrises or sunsets the most? Sunsets or sunrises seen from the other side (after staying up all night, not getting up to view them).
31. Do you want to live to be 100? Yes, but only if I'm possessed of good health and a sharp mind.
32. Do you think women should be expected to shave their body hair? No. I don't think anyone should be expected to shave anything unless he or she wants to. Personally, I only shave my legs if the temperature is over 70 degrees. (I only have about 10 hairs on each leg anyway so it doesn't make much difference.)
33. Do you like salty food or sugary food the most? Salty, unless we're talking chocolate.
34. Is a flat stomach important to you? Oh, that's rich.
35. Do you or have you played with a ouija board? Nope. Never. I don't like that kind of stuff.
36. Are you loyal? Yes. Especially to my favorite brands. (I'm a marketing consultant's dream. ::g::)
37. Are you tolerant of other people's beliefs? Yes, as long as they are tolerant of mine.
38. When you watch movies at home, do you like the lights on or off? On but lowered.
39. Do you believe in magic? Not so much.
40. Do you have nightmares frequently? No.
41. Do you like your nose? It's ok. I had a boyfriend in 10th grade who was obsessed with my nose. Kinda freaked me a little.
42. Do you like abstract art? Some.
43. Do you think you can draw well? No. But I can write real good. I mean forming the actual letters, not necessarily stringing them together.
44. Do you listen to music daily? Absolutely. Couldn't live a day without it.
45. Do you like to watch cartoons? I can take 'em or leave 'em. Mostly leave 'em. (I do love a good Powerpuff Girls episode, though.)
46. At what age did you find out that Santa Claus wasn't real? I don't remember actually believing in Santa Claus so I must have been pretty young.
47. How many pairs of shoes do have in your closet? About 20, but of those, I wear only about 6 or 7 on any kind of regular basis.
48. Do you like to wear the same shoes everyday or do you like a variety? I pretty much wear the same shoes every day these days. I used to be a real shoes horse, though. (Isn't that the shoe equivalent of a clothes horse?)
49. Do you write poetry? Not since the 11th grade.
50. Do you snore? Yes, damn it all.
51. Do you sleep more on your back, front, or sides? On my side, but leaning toward my stomach.
52. Would you rather have a poodle or a rottweiler? If I were forced to have one or the other, I'd choose poodle but I'm most emphatically not a dog person. Give me a cat, anyway. Or no pet at all.
53. Do you lick stamps? No, but that's mostly because stamps don't need to be licked anymore. I hate licking envelopes, though.
54. Do you use an electric can opener? No. If you ask me, that's the most ridiculous waste of an appliance there is. How lazy can you be if you need an electric can opener?
55. Have you ridden in a hot air balloon? No, and I don't see that happening anytime in my life.
56. Which hurts the most, physical or emotional pain? I'm very pain averse so I'd say physical. I can always get therapy for emotional pain.
57. Do you think balding men should shave their heads? Only black men. White men with shaved heads give me the willies.
58. Do you know anyone who is clinically depressed? Yeppers.
59. Do you prefer a piano or a violin? Piano.
60. Are you a sex addict? No. I like it a lot but I'm by no means addicted. Well, maybe I am. I mean, I don't think I could live without it entirely so I guess there is that but I can go a month or two without it without suffering any ill effects.
61. Do you know someone who has cancer? I've known people who had cancer but no one in my life at the moment has cancer.
63. Do you hunt? Only for my keys.
64. Do you like fast food joints, or expensive restaurants? Expensive restaurants, hands down. (That's not to say my shadow hasn't dimmed the door of many a fast food joint.)
65. Would you rather visit a zoo or an art museum? Art museum, hands down.
66. Do you have a middle name? Kay
67. Are you basically a happy person? Yep. I have sad moments but sadness is not my modus operandi.
68. Are you tired? Not at the moment. I'm always tired in the morning, though.
69. Did you drink anything with caffeine in it today? Diet Dr Pepper.
70. Have you ever met anyone off the internet? Hahahahaha! You betcha.
71. How many phones do you have in your house? 3 land lines, 2 cell phones and 3 phone jacks that aren't being used. I like to be in touch. ::g::
72. How long is your hair? Just past shoulder length. I'd prefer it shorter, though.
73. Do you get along with your parents? My mother is dead and I get along just splendidly with my father. I got along well with my mother when she was alive, too. My family is disgustingly functional.
74. What color of eyes do you prefer? Color doesn't really matter--I adore my daughter's almost-black eyes, but I guess if I absolutely had to pick, I'd say blue even though not many people in my life have blue eyes. But intensely blue eyes are pretty amazing.
75. Are you an active person? What's your definition of active? I'm not scaling walls or anything but I'm pretty darn busy with classes and photograhing things and volunteering at the elementary school and shopping and that kind of stuff. I need to be more athletic, though.
76. What medications do you take? Claritin and Zantac.
77. What does your bedroom look like? Generally it's a little on the messy side but it's comfortable. Needs a king-sized bed instead of our queen, but it'll do for now.
Interesting number to end on, but there you have it.
«« Previous ¤ Next »»